The Capital Region Villages Collaborative (CRVC) is a group of individuals, agencies, organizations, and Villages interested in forming, operating, and supporting Villages in the Capital Region surrounding Albany, New York.
The CRVC convenes regular meetings with Village updates, networking opportunities and educational presentations on aspects of developing and operating a Village. The CRVC provides resource materials, a listserv, and a website dedicated to developing Villages in the Capital Region.
The Capital Region Villages Collaborative meetings are usually held every other month at the Carondelet Hospitality Center in Latham, New York.
The 2019 CRVC meetings being held at the Carondelet Conference Center include:
- February 12
- April 9
- June 4
- August 20
- October 2
- December 3
Breakfast and networking start at 8:30 a.m.; the meetings are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Please contact: Albany Guardian Society if you would like to attend any of the meetings by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 518-434-2140.
Previous CRVC meetings educational presentations included:
- What to do to incorporate as a Village, including filing within New York State as a business, opening a bank account, filing as a 501(c)(3), and filing an annual IRS 990 report.
- Volunteers for your Village: An Overview of the Possibilities
- Grant Writing for Aging Service Providers and Villages.
Dorian Wells, Senior Lending Officer, Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region
- Business Capital Financing Development and Fundraising Techniques
- A review of the AGS Research project with RPI students to assist with Village development by incorporating existing and new technologies.