Village Name: Neighbors of Northern Columbia County
Geographic area served: Northern Columbia County – encompasses 6 towns
About/Mission/Description: NNCC is a grass roots, 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization designed to help network people within our rural communities as they address issues of aging and/or living alone. Our goal is to provide members with user-friendly resources and an affordable means of living a healthy, safe and enjoyable life at home as they age.
Governance (Village administration):
- Board structure – By-laws state a maximum of 9 board members and a minimum of 3 while also maintain an odd number serving.
- Officers – President, VP for Marketing, VP for Operations, Secretary and Treasurer
- Directors – In addition to the officers, there are two other board members.
- Committee – Active Advisory Committee. Ad hoc subcommittees formed to address specific tasks. At least one board member serves on the subcommittee.
- Staff – none
Village Operational Status:
- Date Launched – Paid memberships accepted starting May 2019. September 1 – expected launch of software connecting members to service.
History of Village Development: We started discussions in 2017 and as a result of one public meeting established an Advisory Committee made of 11 members. Our incorporation application was held up by about 6 months due to an error on the application. Once incorporated, we were quickly granted 501(c)(3) status. We applied for three grants and have been successful.
Age requirements: Our focus is on 60+ however there is no age requirements to be a member.
- Single – $75
- Household – $125
- Low Income/Subsidy – None but we are interested in establishing something in the future.
- # of Single – 23
- # of Household – 14 (28 individuals)
- Member to member – 16 member volunteers
- Non-member volunteers – We currently have 6 non-member volunteers.
- Both members and non-member – 22
- Informal partnerships that exist with 5 town/village libraries and a local senior residential center.
Village Program & Services:
- Friendly visits/check-ins
- Minor home repairs
- Pet care assistance
- Social & Civic Engagement
- Technology training
- Vetting preferred providers (plan to do in near future)
- Lawn/garden care
- Annual Revenue: grants, memberships and donations
- Annual Expenditures: Estimated $3500-$4000