Village Name: Rhinebeck at Home
P.O. Box 437, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Geographic area served: Rhinebeck, NY
About/Mission/Description: Rhinebeck at Home is an all-volunteer organization whose members believe in helping each other lead fully engaged lives. Members participate in planning and attending enriching programs and activities. Rhinebeck at Home encourages and coordinates the efforts of its members to give and receive support. Services include: transportation, errands & at-home help; referrals to other community service organizations; helping each other do things; sharing member-recommended service provider referrals.
Governance (Village administration):
- Board structure: members
- Officers – President: Nina Lynch; Vice President: Anne Brueckner; Treasurer: Francois Weigel; Secretary: June Vanderlaan
- Directors – John Hoctor, Ellen Hubbert, Chuck Mishaan, Anne Sunners
- Committees – listed on website
- Staff – none paid
Village Operational Status:
- Date Launched – May 2013
History of Village Development:
Age requirements: No limit.
- Single – $120/year
- Low Income/Subsidy – $60/year
- # of Single – 110
- # of Low Income/Subsidized – 7
- Member to member – All 117 members are volunteers
- Non-member volunteers – 0
- Both members and non-member – 0
Village Partnerships: we collaborate with our local hospital, our town library, our public school system, an assisted living facility, among others.
Village Program & Services:
- Friendly visits/check-ins
- Health care navigation
- Home chores
- Pet care assistance
- Safety and home security assistance
- Social & Civic Engagement
- Technology training
- Vetting preferred providers: We have a Member-Recommended Service Provider database, but the providers / vendors are not formally vetted.
- Services Offered: Anything members can help each other with, be it transportation, watering plants, turning a mattress, helping with devices, in-home chats, sharing information, etc.
- Programs Offered: informational meetings related to concerns and interests, small group outings, weekly drop-in lunch, book discussion group, small gatherings around members’ shared interests.
- Regular Meetings: monthly get-together featuring speakers, entertainment, an organizational discussion – very flexible
- Annual Revenue – $13,500
- Annual Expenditures – $13,500